SQ Digital is a digital marketing agency with an outstanding track record of boosting sales and profit for SMEs throughout the UK and beyond. Established in 2000 in Lancaster, as one of the first SEO agencies in the UK, we continue to provide bespoke digital marketing solutions to small and medium-sized businesses.
As our new People Assistant, you’ll be able to:
- Support the People & Culture Manager in promoting a positive work culture and ensuring an excellent level of HR support is provided to the organisation.
- Support the recruitment process, including preparing adverts, first stage interviews and preparing employment contracts.
- Support the management team to continuously develop the teams by identifying training needs and organising external training
- Assist with maintaining employee engagement and satisfaction by organising employee events and administering the company recognition scheme
- Assist with handling grievance and disciplinary matters, ensuring adherence to company policies and legal requirements
- Preparation and processing monthly payroll alongside the Finance Assistant.
Knowledge and Experience:
This is a new role to the business so we’re looking for someone with previous experience working with a HR or People role, has the drive to work independently and who can use their own initiative to solve problems proactively. Our ideal candidate will have completed or be working towards their CIPD Level 3.
This role, alongside the Finance Assistant, is also responsible for the efficient running of our offices, therefore excellent communication and organisational skills are key as you’ll be greeting customers at our office and dealing with incoming queries over the phone and emails.
Other skills we’re looking for include:
- Knowledge of HR policies, procedures and best practice
- Knowledge of Payroll processes
- Excellent IT skills including MS Office
- Excellent accuracy and attention to detail, as well as great communication and presentation skills.
- Can make decisions in a fair and non-biased manner during the recruitment process, as well as having awareness of the confidentiality required within a HR role
What’s in it for you?
A work environment that is both enjoyable and supportive, designed to help you reach your career objectives. Our team constantly arranges fun social events, and you’ll have opportunities to get involved with our chosen charity partner, St John’s Hospice, through volunteering days and company fundraising.
As if that weren’t enough, we also provide complimentary breakfast cereals, pastries, and bottomless cups of tea and coffee to keep you energised and focused. And if you need an extra pick-me-up in the afternoon, our tuck shop is at your service, raising funds for St John’s Hospice.
- Salary: £22,000 – £23,000 per year (would consider more for the right candidate)
- Holidays: 33 days per year, including bank holidays
- Hours: 37.5 per week full time, flexible start and finish times (part-time working will be considered for the right candidate)
- Hybrid working: Mix of office working and WFH
Sound like the ideal role for you?
Apply today by sending your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org