Looking for a New Challenge Within Digital Marketing?
We’re on the lookout for a highly skilled and experienced WordPress Web Developer to join our thriving Digital Marketing Agency.
Working alongside our Design and Development team, you will be responsible for creating and maintaining high quality, fully optimised and engaging websites for our customers and SQ Digital.
This is an exciting and fast-paced role, perfect for someone with at least 3 + years experience in a similar role, looking for their next challenge and wanting to enhance their web development skills.
- Research and propose solutions for new and existing clients.
- Collaborate with the design/development team on new projects, seeing these through from discovery phase to delivery of the solution.
- Work closely with the development team to maintain the existing portfolio of projects through regular support & maintenance.
- Be able to work effectively both independently and within a team, taking ownership of your work to ensure this is the best possible quality that can be delivered on every project and on time.
- Drive internal standards and improvements by taking a proactive approach, including presenting new ideas or opportunities to the department/wider business. This involves taking a keen interest in quality of work via thorough testing of your own work, as well as getting involved in peer reviews and debugging of issues collectively.
- Be keen to both learn from colleagues and training opportunities, as well as assisting and supporting the team around you.
- Feel comfortable presenting ideas and proposals to internal staff and clients alike, as well as offering CMS training to clients and collaborating closely with clients on projects where necessary.
Personal Profile and Requirements:
- 3+ years experience in WordPress and Frontend web development.
- Advanced WordPress & WooCommerce knowledge.
- Good understanding of web standards and accessibility.
- Experience in both page-builder themes and custom theme WordPress website development.
- Familiar with modern web development trends.
- A keen eye for detail, both functional and aesthetic.
- Self-motivated and always keen to learn.
- Eager to solve problems efficiently and effectively.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Knowledge of design software – such as Photoshop and Invision.
- A portfolio of examples or recent high-quality work is required.
- Custom WordPress plugin development experience.
- Experience working with third party API’s and integrating these into WordPress/WooCommerce websites.
- A good understanding of server environments and undertaking basic server maintenance using command line/shell technologies.
- Good understanding of Bootstrap and writing CSS code to follow the BEM methodology, which is compiled using SASS/SCSS techniques (and therefore experience working with tools such as Gulp and Webpack).
What’s in it for you?
- A dynamic career path that plays to your strengths.
- A fun and supportive work environment with a great team of people designed to help you achieve your career goals.
- Remote working considered.
- 32 days holiday (including Bank Holidays).
- Flexible start and finish times.
- Pension scheme.
- Competitive salary.
Sound like the ideal role for you? Don’t hang around. Apply today.
Please email email@example.com with your latest CV