How to Choose The Right Digital Marketing Agency For Your Business
To remain competitive, businesses can no longer ignore the importance of having a digital marketing strategy. Over the last few years, more and more small and medium-sized businesses have chosen to engage with digital marketing agencies to help them grow their presence online. We understand how important it is for a business to find the right digital marketing agency, however, finding such an agency can be confusing as well as daunting. We’ve shared some of our tips on what to look out for when choosing a digital marketing agency that will truly be able and willing to help you succeed.
1. Assess Your Company’s Needs
You might be surprised at the number of businesses that approach us for digital marketing services without first assessing what their business actually needs. While website audits and analysis of current marketing efforts are part of our approach with all new clients, in our experience, it’s always a good idea for you to understand at the outset what you’re looking to achieve from working with us.
It’s also worth thinking about how much you’re looking to spend on digital marketing, as this will make your search a lot more efficient.
2. Choose an Agency That Has Success with similar businesses
If you scroll through LinkedIn, you’ll find hundreds of companies that market themselves as “industry experts” or “thought leaders” in digital marketing. Makes sure you choose an agency that can do the things they are shouting about consistently.
Finding a reputable agency means cutting through all the hype; you should look for companies that can quantifiably demonstrate the results they have achieved for other businesses. I suggest reading through their website case studies to get a feel for the kind of work they could be producing for you.
While it might seem obvious to go for a big-name agency that boasts big brands as part of their client base, this doesn’t automatically mean they will be best for you. Make sure the agency you choose gives you the appropriate attention and one that best aligns itself with your goals and objectives. If you are a small business, choose an agency that genuinely cares about working with small businesses.
At SQ Digital, we’ve been working with small and large businesses for over two decades and have built genuine, long-standing relationships with our clients, regardless of what size they are.
3. Choose Quality over Quantity
The cost will always be a factor when outsourcing your digital marketing, especially for small businesses looking to improve their online presence without breaking the bank. Although the budget will always play an important part in your decision, you mustn’t sacrifice value for the cost. We’ve spoken to plenty of companies that have been left disappointed by agencies promising them the world at reduced costs.
A respectable digital marketing agency will always be transparent with its prices, so you shouldn’t be stung by hidden costs later down the line.
4. Choose an agency with Experience in Your Industry
An experienced agency will adapt to working with any business. However, it’s still an advantage if you find one specialising or has experience working with other businesses within your sector. This means they are more likely to understand your customers and your services from the outset.
5. Understand Their Process
Many agencies, although offering a similar service, will work differently from each other. Before signing up with an agency, you must spend time getting to know how they work with their clients to achieve tangible results.
At SQ Digital, we’ve developed a unique digital marketing approach – a framework that has been established over time to ensure that we offer the very best service. It follows four simple principles:
- Don’t begin projects without defining measurable objectives – We believe that there should be solid, measurable objectives in place before any work is carried out. These should be answering the issues at the heart of your business.
- Seek to understand a client’s organisation, needs and customers – We carry out extensive audits on your organisation, customers and industry, which gives us the insights that are fundamental in building your digital marketing strategy.
- Enable clients to see the bigger picture of digital marketing – Our approach shows that you can no longer rely on a single strategy for a successful campaign; there are now various channels available to implement innovative and creative digital marketing campaigns that will ultimately deliver results.
- Measure, review and improve at regular intervals – We commit to continuously reviewing the work we are carrying out for you. This allows us to make improvements to campaigns at regular intervals. In such a fast-paced industry, we make it our mission to adapt our services to match the ever-changing landscape of digital marketing.
6. Choose an Agency for the Medium to Long Term
Many agencies will offer you fast results in the first month of signing up with them, which can seem extremely tempting to a small start-up. However, as a small business owner, you should find an agency to support your growth strategy.
If you’re looking for a digital marketing agency but are unsure where to begin, feel free to check out our FAQs for answers to some more of the most frequently asked questions from those looking to invest in digital marketing.
Also, feel free to get in touch with us, and we’ll be happy to answer any questions you might have.