An Easy Way to Create Content with a Repurpose
As a content marketer, you’ll know that consistently creating fresh, engaging content can be challenging. It can be time-consuming and expensive, and it’s hard to know if your efforts are reaching your target audience. But what if we told you there’s an easy way to create content with a repurpose?
Content repurposing can take your content marketing to the next level. So, here, we’ll walk you through everything you need to know about content repurposing and how to implement it in your strategy.
- Understanding the Concept of Content Repurposing
- Benefits of Repurposing Content
- When Is It Time to Repurpose Existing Content?
- Choosing Content to Repurpose
- Different Ways to Repurpose Content
- Implementing a Content Repurposing Strategy
- Embrace the Power of Content Repurposing
Understanding the Concept of Content Repurposing
Put simply, content repurposing is the process of taking existing content and adapting it for different platforms, formats, and audiences. Rather than creating entirely new content from scratch, you can rework your existing assets to increase their reach and impact. By repackaging and tailoring your content creatively, you can attract new readers, engage with your existing audience and maximise your return on investment.
Benefits of Repurposing Content
As a leading content marketing agency, our team knows that repurposing content is like a secret weapon that can take your business to new heights. Let’s take a look at some incredible benefits that will make you want to start repurposing your content right away:
- Maximise and expand your reach: by repurposing your content, you can reach a wider audience without creating everything from scratch. This way, you can spread your content across different platforms and attract new customers who may have missed it the first time around.
- Boost your SEO: it’s no secret that search engines love fresh content. When you repurpose your existing content, you have the opportunity to add new keywords, optimise titles, and make updates that will improve your search engine rankings.
- Establish your authority: consistently repurposing high-quality content allows you to stand out and establish yourself as an expert in your industry, adding credibility to your brand.
- Save time and resources: as great as it can be, creating new content takes significant time and effort, a luxury not everyone possesses. By repurposing your existing content, you can optimise time and resources, allowing you to focus on other important business activities, such as developing new products or refining your marketing strategy.
So, there you have it! Repurposing content is a game-changing strategy that can bring you closer to achieving your business goals.
When Is It Time to Repurpose Existing Content?
There are several scenarios where you may consider repurposing your existing content. The trick to identifying them is to regularly check your content by taking into account factors like its performance, relevance, date, and accuracy.
If you find yourself in any of the above situations, it may be the right time to give your content a makeover and make sure it keeps meeting the needs of your audience and business. That said, let’s have a look at some examples!
- Outdated information: if the content contains information that has become outdated or that no longer reflects your business’ vision, mission, and values, it is time to update it. This is particularly relevant for industries or topics that experience frequent changes.
- Changes in target audience: let’s say your business has seen a shift in its target audience or customer demographics because you changed or expanded your service/product offering. Your content may need to be adjusted to better resonate with the new audience by tweaking language, examples, or perspectives.
- SEO improvement: content that isn’t performing well in terms of search engine rankings may benefit from repurposing. Keywords, formatting, and alignment with SEO best practices are just a few aspects you may want to improve.
These are just a few key scenarios where you should consider repurposing your content. Other frequent ones include content consolidation and upgrade, new emerging platforms, audience feedback, and seasonal relevance. If you feel like you belong in any of these categories, feel free to drop us a message to see what we can do for you!
Choosing Content to Repurpose
When looking for opportunities to repurpose content, it’s important that you also evaluate your content assets, from blog articles to case studies, whitepapers, research reports, and webinars. You’ll want to assess the quality and relevance of each piece and rank them based on metrics such as page views, engagement levels, and conversion rates.
Try choosing which pieces to repurpose by considering the following:
- Evergreen Topics: focus on content that has a timeless appeal and relevance.
- High-Performing Content: content with a proven track record in terms of engagement metrics and conversions.
- Audience Preferences: types of content your target audience prefers, such as visual content, long-form content, or interactive content.
Different Ways to Repurpose Content
Okay, you’ve identified which content pieces to repurpose; now you need to figure out how to do it. Remember, once you’ve chosen the type of content, it’s important to tailor it to suit different channels, purposes, and formats. For example, you can make it more SEO-friendly, more relevant to your customers, or more visually appealing by incorporating images, videos, or infographics. So, without further ado, let’s get into the different ways to repurpose content.
Turning Blog Posts into Social Media Bites
If you have blog content creation in your content marketing strategy, you can easily extract key points or quotes from your blogs to create bite-sized social media updates. This helps you reach a wider audience and promote your blog content to those who may not have discovered it before. Using a variety of social media platforms, such as LinkedIn, Facebook, and Instagram, allows you to reach even more people across various target audiences.
Creating Infographics from Research Reports
Visual content is becoming increasingly popular among content marketers, and infographics are a great way to convey complex information in an engaging format. Research reports that contain statistical data are ideal candidates for infographics. There are many tools and platforms available to create visual content and make it shareable on various social media platforms, such as Canva or Figma.
Transforming Webinar Recordings into Podcast Episodes
Podcasts have been steadily growing in popularity, as they offer a great opportunity to reach a new audience. Once you have a webinar recording, you can easily convert it to a podcast episode. You can then upload it to podcast directories like Apple Podcasts or Spotify. This will attract subscribers who enjoy listening to your insights.
Repackaging Guides into Email Newsletters
Email newsletters are an excellent way to connect with subscribers and promote your business. Guides and long-form content pieces are great for starting an email newsletter. By slicing and dicing larger guides into smaller, actionable pieces, an effective email marketing campaign will offer more value to the subscribers and engage them more personally.
Converting Interviews into Video Content
Video content is a great way to showcase your expertise and connect with your audience. Interview transcripts or audio recordings can be edited into short, engaging video clips that can be shared on your website, social media platforms, or YouTube channel. This is an excellent way to showcase the human side of your business.
Implementing a Content Repurposing Strategy
Once you understand content repurposing, it’s time to implement it into your digital marketing strategy. Here are some steps to follow:
- Analyse your existing content for its suitability for repurposing.
- Develop a process for repurposing content.
- Create procedures to guide the repurposing process.
- Plan and document your content repurposing strategy.
Finally, measure the success of your content repurposing efforts. Monitor key metrics such as page views, social shares, and engagement rates to gauge the success of your content strategy. Use analytics tools to track and analyse performance data and use the insights to optimise your content strategy further.
Embrace the Power of Content Repurposing
As a content marketer, high-quality content is “king”. As we saw, you can save time and resources by creatively repackaging and tailoring your existing content so you can engage with new audiences, increase your online presence, and improve your search engine visibility. So why not embrace the power of content repurposing in your content strategy today?
At SQ Digital, we know that investing in content repurposing pays off in many ways, and we hope we’ve helped you understand how to make the most of your existing content assets. If you need help setting up your content strategy, we’d be more than happy to help. Get in touch with our team today to learn about our content marketing services.